Pages

December 31, 2011

another year goes..



It's New Year's eve and we have less than half an hour to go before ringing in 2012 here in Japan. I have waited to write this one post for almost half a year; by July I was so ready for 2011 to be over.


It hasn't been an easy year for me. As the Japanese, we suffered a shocking, life-changing event early in the year that has had, and is still having, major impacts on many aspects on our lives. Closer to home, a lot of things have happened around me - myself and my families.  And to top everything off, I managed to land myself on a hospital stint a couple of months ago, which I really hoped to be the last bad thing to happen to me this year.  (It was, so it seems.)  I can't remember last time I spent a year shedding so many tears - happy stories or sad stories, I couldn't help but become very emotional.


But there have been a lot of joyful, all-smiles moments throughout the year, and above all, I still think myself very fortunate to be able to spend celebrate another new year with my family. It is my humble wish that the new year will be a more peaceful and happier (and hopefully, delicious!) one for all of us.



Thank you very much for all of your support, thoughts and friendship. Here's to a truly happy new year for you and me, everyone. See you on the other side!

chika xx